HOW TO CHOOSE, USE AND GROW AVOCADOS
We all know avocados are full with 'Good Fats" for your heart and brain, but how do we CHOOSE, EAT and GROW them??
1.How to Choose Avocados
There are different type of avocados (Bacon, Fuerte, Gwen, Hass,Laamb Hass, Pinkerton, Reed, Zurtano) but the main think to look after is how reap is the avocado when you buy them.
One option is to buy them still not reap, hard when you touch, and reap them at home, will be good after 4-5 days. Put them in a paper bag on room temperature, together with an apple or banana to get reap faster.
The second is to buy them already reap which are softer on touch and they are good for use right away or within a few days.
- How to Eat Avocados
Avocados has no taste, (at least for me, neutral taste) which makes them good for salty meals and for sweet ones also.
- Smash them with a fork make a mashed avocado in a plate and put them on a toast with toppings like: salt, few drops of lemon, turmeric, sesame seeds, chiaseeds, linseeds)
- Make a scrambled eggs and put small pieces of avocado and tomatoes before the end, and sprinkle with basil or parsley leaves.
- And my favorite one make a smoothie with half avocado, half banana, coconut milk, hand full of spinach, honey or royal jelly and cinnamon
- How to Grow Avocados
Avocados are not easy to grow. It takes time to grow avocados.
- Wash the seed first.
- Use 3-4 toothpicks or 3-4 screws into the seed as on the photo.
- Fill a glass with water and put the seed into the water so that half of it is in the water and half is outside of the water.
- Put the glass in a warm place out of direct sunlight.
- You should see the roots and stem start to sprout in about 2-6 weeks.
- It takes more months maybe 2-4 months to have a solid roots before you plant it in a pot.
- It usually survives in a hot and humid climates.